Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Carrot Soup

Friday, June 12, 2015
This is my first food blog post, so I apologize for how horrible it is. 


Here's the thing... We bribed my brother with a trip to Tröeg's brewery in order to convince him to tag along to Hershey Gardens. It worked, and we ended up getting some food, among which was a carrot soup to die for. I immediately started scouring the internet for a recipe and horded a few links on Pinterest. As it turns out, all I had to do was Google 'Tröeg's Carrot Soup' to get the recipe directly from their blog...go figure.







I followed their recipe almost exactly...almost. 

I put a little more butter than called for and I recommend dicing rather than chopping the onion. I also put more cheese in, because cheese it good. It turned out not as smooth as I had expected but it still tasted amazing! Also, I highly recommend putting smoked gouda cheese on top of it. 



Though I haven't tried this, I think the onions and carrots could have cooked a bit longer than five minutes, that might have helped with the smoothness. 


All in all, it was a hit with the family and will most likely become a new staple :D






~Campus Curmudgeon




P.S. I made cookies, too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Campus Curmudgeon © 2014